Old June 29th 06, 02:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default The best non-interchange interchanges

Courtesy of the era of Victoria railway competition (and too much time
on my hands) I give you the list of the best non-interchange
interchanges in London. Here are some lesser known ways to change
between lines in the capital that aren't marked as interchanges on the
London Connections map or the Tube map as they involve a small(ish)
walk between stations. I've used some of them (and found them very
useful), with some I've just put
one and one together from some knwoledge of the area, some I've just
deduced from the A-Z

Thankfully some of the really close stations do now appear as
interchanges on maps, for example Clapham High Street (South London
Line) to Clapham North (Northern Line). But for those who are able
bodied, not carrying heavy luggage, a bit more adventurous and perhaps
have some idea of the timetable then there's time to be saved and
useful connections to be made, and possibly congested interchanges that
can be avoided. I've probably missed a few too,

National Rail stations are indicated with an NR after the station name.
(Names of lines are indicated in brackets after the station name.)

-------
Central
-------

London Bridge NR to Monument/Bank - walk over the river on London
Bridge.
The District and Circle at Monument are particularly close. Good route
for those heading East on the District and vice versa.

Moorgate to Liverpool Street NR
- for changing from the Northern Line and FCC's Great Northern Line.

St Pauls (Central Line) to City Thameslink NR.

Aldgate to Aldgate East
- for changing between the Circle, District, H&C and Met. Potentially
useful if one of the lines is up the spout.

-----
South
-----

Putney NR to East Putney (District Line Wimbledon Branch)

Battersea Park NR (Southern) to Queenstown Road Battersea NR (SWT)
- for changing from the South London Line (Victoria - London Bridge) to
SWT Windsor Line trains (to Clapham Junction, Richmond and beyond).

Penge West NR (Southern) to Penge East NR (Southeastern)

South Wimbledon (Northern Line) to Morden Road or Merton Park Tramlink
tram stops

-----
North
-----

Camden Town (Northern Line) to Camden Road NR (North London Line)

Kentish Town NR (Thameslink) to Kentish Town West NR (North London
Line)
- though most passengers would be better off changing at West
Hampstead.

Haringay Green Lanes NR (GOBLIN) to Manor House (Piccadilly Line)

South Tottenham (GOBLIN) to Seven Sisters (NR and Victoria Line)

Bowes Park NR (FCC Great Northern Line) to Bounds Green (Piccadilly
Line)

Alexandra Palace NR (FCC Great Northern Line) to Wood Green (Piccadilly
Line).

----------
North West
----------

Northwick Park (Metropolitan Line) to Kenton (Bakerloo Line and NR
Silverlink Metro Watford-Euston)

Kilburn (jubilee Line) to Brondesbury NR (North London Line)
- though for most journeys changing at West Hampstead would be more
convenient.

Swiss Cottage (Jubilee Line) to South Hampstead NR
- though for the journeys I can think of passengers would be better off
changing elsewhere.

----
West
----

Shepherd's Bush (Central Line) to Shepherd's Bush (Hammersmith and City
Line) or Goldhawk Road (H&C line).

Kensington Olympia NR to Shepherd's Bush (Central Line)

North Ealing (Picadilly Line) to West Acton (Central Line)

----
East
----

Whitechapel to Bethnal Green NR
- for changing from the East London Line to Enfield/Chingford Town
bound trains & vice versa.

Forest Gate NR ('one' Great Eastern line) to Wanstead Park NR (GOBLIN)
- for changing from the GOBLIN from points West to Great Eastern line
to points East or vice versa.

Walthamstow Central (NR 'one' Chingford Line & Victoria Line) to
Walthamstow Queens Road NR (GOBLIN)

Leytonstone High Road NR (GOBLIN) to Leytonstone (Central Line)