Old July 8th 06, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Oter Paul Oter is offline

Default First Class within Zones 1-6

Neil Williams wrote:
Jack Taylor wrote:
wrote:
I seem to remember reading somewhere, possibly on this group (but now
of course I can't find it), that within zones 1-6 there was no such
thing as first class, i.e. if you had a travelcard you could sit in
first class carriages on NR services up to the boundary of the zones
on your travelcard.

Not true.

By contrast, I presume a First Day Travelcard (on TOCs that do one) are
actually only valid in Standard Class except for the initial journey
into the Zones and back out. I wonder if this causes trouble...

What is your source for that? Are you saying that if someone wanted to
make a day-trip from, say, Cambridge to East Croydon via King's Cross
Thameslink and travel first class all the way they couldn't use a first
class peak travelcard but would have to buy two separate first class
day returns?

PaulO