Old September 30th 03, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nicholas F Hodder Nicholas F Hodder is offline

Default Travelcards failing (Oyster related)

My wife and I always buy our odd-period Travelcards from central London
National Rail stations because of the full acceptance of credit cards and
more recently the 5% discount, although we use them mostly to travel on the
Tube.

Both of us have encountered our Travelcards failing recently in Tube
barriers, and when we have taken the Travelcards back to the National Rail
station of purchase, we have been told that this has been occurring to quite
a few passengers recently since the introduction of the Oystercard because
of a software change by the Tube. This has happened three times to my wife
(in one week) and once to me.

What's going on here? Are Tube barriers really wiping passengers'
Travelcards?

Also, can Tube stations replace Travelcards that were originally issued by
National Rail stations?