Old July 31st 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Can I use Oyster pre pay before 9:30?

ped

Just been reading the rules about Oyster pre pay and it says that there
is a price cap equal to (or less than ) the cost of a travel card. I
thought travel cards could only be used after 9:30?

That's true, but you can use your Oyster at *any* time.

....what happens if I use my Oyster prepay before 9:30, does this cap
still apply? Sounds like an loop hole for using a travel card before
9:30?

You will pay a higher fare, but the chances are you will not travel that
much before 09.30.

Does anyone know how much a zones 1-6 travel card costs these days?

I buy a yearly season ticket, but as I often work from home etc Ive
figured out that it would be cheaper to pay daily if a daily ticket
costs less that £10.

Unless you return home before 9.30, your daily tickets are unlikely to
exceed £10.

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.