Old July 31st 06, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default Can I use Oyster pre pay before 9:30?

John B wrote:
wrote:
...what happens if I use my Oyster prepay before 9:30, does this cap
still apply? Sounds like an loop hole for using a travel card before
9:30?

Does anyone know how much a zones 1-6 travel card costs these days?

A z1-6 off-peak Day Travelcard is £6.30, so the corresponding Oyster
cap is £5.80. However, your plan falls down because you can also buy a
z1-6 peak Day Travelcard for £12.40. In this case, your Oyster cap
would be £11.90.

Is it not clever enough to cap at cost of peak single plus off-peak
travelcard, when appropriate?

Colin McKenzie

--
On average in Britain, you're more likely to get a head injury walking
a mile than cycling it.