Old August 10th 06, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
[email protected] stephenallcroft@lycos.co.uk is offline

Default Old depot in Sutton St E1

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , John Rowland
writes

The depot is presently operated by DLO (possibly the
Defence Logistics Organisation).

Had a cycle up and looked at this today. The depot appears derelict and
as you say there is the sign above. I had a close look at it and the
second word is too long to be Country and anyway ends ..ty from what I
could see.

I suggest the sign read London Community Buses which I suspect links in
with the Stepney & Limehouse DLO (I think it was) which I guess was a
community bus operation which pre-dated the current Dial a Ride
operations.

I wonder if this help the identification, or am I totally at the wrong
end of the stick?

The DLO acronym generally stands for Direct Labour Organisation (ie the
arms-length council subsidiary required to compete for tenders).