Old August 10th 06, 09:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default reliability of NNL and district line richmond branch

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:58 +0100 (BST), Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

Isn't the existing TD at ECT listed?

That's why we have to put up with such abysmal passenger information
there.

What's to stop them putting in a dot matrix indicator as well?

Besides, even that wouldn't guarantee getting decent passenger
information. The western end of the Piccadilly line has had them
fitted for at least 6 months now, but last time I was there they still
didn't show any useful information. The eastbound indicator at South
Harrow just seems to show "1. Eastbound train" permanently. On the
westbound platform at Ealing Common, it manages to display "1. Check
front of train" whenever a train rolls into the platform. Most of the
others don't even manage that - they just show the time and various
security announcements.

At least Acton Town retains its old style indicators. These are
clearer and easier to read, especially for the partially sighted (you
can tell where the train's going just by the position of the lit
destination); dot matrix ones wouldn't be any more use as the
platforms don't seem to be known until a minute before the trains
arrive anyway.