Old August 10th 06, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Howdon David Howdon is offline

Default reliability of NNL and district line richmond branch

asdf wrote:

At least Acton Town retains its old style indicators. These are
clearer and easier to read, especially for the partially sighted (you
can tell where the train's going just by the position of the lit
destination); dot matrix ones wouldn't be any more use as the
platforms don't seem to be known until a minute before the trains
arrive anyway.

Although from certain bits of the platform (towards the rear of the
trains on the westbound side for instance) you cannot see the top two or
three stations listed on those displays. Fine for those like me who
know what they say anyway and so can tell where the train is for but
potentially rather annoying for confused tourists trying to get to Heathrow.

--
Each day a man watched a donkey walk past a high wood fence with one
plank removed. First he saw the nose, then the ears, then the neck,