Old August 15th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
elyob elyob is offline

Default Oyster cards on buses

"Graham J" wrote in message
I'm just looking at adding an auto top up on my PAYG, but it asks for
which station do I want to use. As I don't have a tube near me, I will
only be using buses. Should I just put a default station e.g. Waterloo?

Another option I know quite a few people use is to touch in at their
nominated station so the card gets programmed and then go straight to the
ticket office and get the journey cancelled.

I seem to remember that TfL belatedly realised this is a bit of a stopper
and that you can now order Oyster cards online with the auto top-up
already enabled. So it might be easiest to just get a new one. Unless of
course I was just dreaming that bit.

I could go for a bike ride over to Richmond, it's a bike ride I often do for
leisure, but I've no use for Oyster on tube etc as I always end up getting a
travelcard and train it into town. So, can get another card or do the turn
up and cancel. Is it possible to redeem my old one (£3 deposit) and transfer
the credit to my new one?