Old October 4th 03, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Peake Steve Peake is offline

Default Oyster options at ticket machines.

On 3 Oct 2003 17:04:48 GMT, Robin May wrote:

No one has commented on this yet so I thought I would.

I noticed today that ticket machines that previously didn't are now
offering the option to top up pre-pay ostercards and to buy new (rather
than renew old) monthly and weekly travelcards and bus passes).

Of course thats if you can find a station that will deal with Oyster cards.
SWT seems to have been asleep at the wheel as normal, and not a single
station in west london can load new tickets on, Feltham told me to go to
Richmond, Richmond told me to go to a Tube Station.

It seems this system was introduced at least 6 months too early.

Steve