Old September 6th 06, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Penny Farthing Penny Farthing is offline

Default Rush hour virgin

Hi all

I do not use public transport that much and I have never used it in the rush
hour. To be honest I am petrified, but short of paying out a couple of
hundred quid on cabs I am left with no choice.

Next month I have to travel from Hackbridge to Farringdon for 2 days for a
conference. I have to be there before 9am. I have looked at the trains and
it appears I can get a Capital Connect train but they do not seem to run
direct at that time of day. It seems that I will have to change at Tulse
Hill in a 5 minute time window. Can anyone help with the following:

What is Tulse Hill like? How many platforms? Do you know what platform I
will have to change to? Can I do it in 5 minutes? (Bearing in mind I will be
petrified if it is crowded)

Can I buy my ticket in advance? Can I buy it from another station?
(Wallington is nearer) Is it a one day travelcard that I will need for
about 6 pounds?

It seems the return trains go direct. Why is it the morning rush hour trains
don't? I think I could go direct from East Croydon but I can park more
cheaply at Hackbridge.

Sorry for being a thicko and thanks in advance for any help.:-)

Penn x