Old September 20th 06, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default M25vA406 - Heathrow to Walthamstow

StephenC wrote:
AstraVanMan wrote:

Others have mentioned the roadworks on the M25
near Waltham Cross as well, so with that in mind, I'd go one of two ways:

2. M25 around to the A10 junction, then A10 towards London, and first left
towards Enfield Lock - then follow the A1055 past Enfield Lock and
Brimsdown, either picking up the North Circular where you come to it, or
just carry on to Tottenham Hale and go into Walthamstow from there.

The roadworks are immediately east of the A10 junction. To avoid them,
come off at the A111 junction (Potters Bar), and take the fourth exit
(A111 southbound). Follow this all the way to the A10, junction with
the North Circular, then east to Walthamstow.

The trouble is a lot of other people do that. I go the other way and
there is usually a queue all the way, or not far off all the way, from
the M25 to Cockfosters station. I imagine going through Enfield is the
same.

Kevin