Old September 24th 06, 02:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster System to become national by default. Is this a cunning plot- shock horror

In message . com, at
05:54:29 on Sun, 24 Sep 2006, Bob
remarked:
Will the requirement to include Oyster compatability now be extended on
a franchise by franchise basis on all franchises that offer through
ticketing to London. If so why does the DfT not insist on the system
being used on say buses and trams in Manchester, Sheffield or
Nottingham - no point in investing in two incompatable systems?

I wasn't aware that I could buy a through ticket from a Nottingham tram
stop to London, but the use of the same smartcard for both "Oyster" and
the Nottingham City Transport schemes would mean I had one less to
carry. Although Nottingham has yet to enable its smartcard for the
trams, I think - if it was something simple like giving all the
conductors readers you'd have thought they'd have done it by now.