Old October 9th 03, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Jubilee line screwup

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message ...
Tell us what you mean by "just a signal gone wrong" and perhaps you'll be
told more...

That was the official LU excu^H^H reason. Given that I'm not clairvoyant
I can't tell you anymore.

Plus it would have been nice if LU had listened to what people were saying
about using Charing X as a backup terminus instead of just closing the
jubilee platforms and walling up the escalators for no good reason.

Money?

How much money would it have cost to kept the station mothballed? A bit of
maintenance now and then and some cleaning? Not a lot. Instead they decided
to spend loads of cash walling up the escalators and ripping all the fittings
down (or so I've been told, obviously I haven't seen it myself though I have
seen the wall). And its not like it was another Ongar , it was a connection to
a major london railway terminus.

Still , if the powers that be there had brains they wouldn't have been

working
for LU in the first place I guess...

Oh change the record, please! Perhaps the people who had brains were working
for that wonderful private company Westinghouse Signals, or then again,
obviously not!

What have westinghouse got to do with whether LU closed Charing X? Do try
and keep up.

B2003