Old October 21st 06, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Earl Purple Earl Purple is offline

Default Is congestion fair, or is it an easy way out for local governments lack of transport planning?

eastender wrote:
Earl Purple wrote:

At a mini-roundabout, i.e. any roundabout with only one lane it is true
that
the flow for traffic is better off without traffic lights

But stand by for the crashes - there's a mini near us with several
collisions a week. An enterprising body shop has set up nearby.

Well I live right on the corner at a junction where a mini-roundabout
was replaced by signals, and since then our wall has stayed up. It came
down several times due to crashes at the junction when there was a
mini-roundabout.