Old November 1st 06, 04:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] ashinmaracaibo@gmail.com is offline

Default F&*&%^& toilets

Tristán White wrote:
I think it is outrageous that they close the toilets so early. I paid
for those toilets out of my taxes, but they can't be bothered to man
them after about 8 o'clock. And it's after then when they're most
needed, after the pubs.

I agree, I've been caught short myself and had to find a quiet place.
Unfortunately, I used to work at Willesden Green station, where the
toilets are closed from 8pm daily. If you saw the state of them though
you'd maybe understand - just about every fluid ended up on the floor,
walls, sinks, wherever, and that was with a member of staff standing
right outside. And of course, once that happens, they become unfit for
use and would be closed anyway.

I like the idea of the club-style toilets, where someone mans the
toilets to keep things as they should be, however I wonder how much
difference this would make when a group of drugged up yobs turn up, and
decide they can't be bothered to aim properly, and the toilets end up
closed anyway. I don't think someone standing in the same room (a la
the clubs) is going to make a big difference once they're shut in their
own cubicle...

Even paying 20p, or more wouldn't stop it, as my painful experience in
public loos off Kensington High Street proved to me! Maybe 50p would
work though, as the toilets on the river at Westminster are always well
kept!

Since I've been growing up I've hated this culture of the minority
spoiling things for everyone else, but no-one seems to stand up
(possibly for fear of being stabbed in the eye with a dirty needle!)