Old November 1st 06, 11:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default TfL's curious streetlamps

On 1 Nov 2006 13:55:15 -0800, Henry
wrote in om:
Dr Ivan D. Reid wrote:

It seems to be the "done thing" to illuminate everything with blue
LEDs, now that they are available -- the refurbished Students' Onion building
at Brunel has them for no obvious reason.

It's to balance out the Glowing Orange Blob on top of Tower A.
I wonder if the Uni has an environmental policy at all?

What colour does that new Brunel logo on the next building along
(lecture centre?) light up as? Or is it not operational yet?

Anyway, I much prefer the angle-dependent ones in the wall at the
entrance to the Heathrow tunnel.

Haven't been to LHR in the dark; maybe an early flight to the next
CMS Week so I can check it out...

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN