Old November 4th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Saturday Parking in Kingston Upon Thames

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 22:33:57 -0000, "Ian F."
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

Bus and train services are perfectly adequate and have the advantage of
not costing anything like £15 for parking.

But not much good unless you don't mind schlepping all your shopping home
by hand.

Well plenty of people do get their shopping home by bus, train and tube
every day of the week. I think too many people have simply become
enslaved to using their cars to do the shopping - it isn't necessary and
other modes and ways of running your life can easily reduce the need for
car borne shopping.

I personally find it a bit amazing that the OP's other half can shop for
virtually a whole day in Kingston but hey it takes all sorts. I accept
that over such a long period she may have bought so much that it is
beyond the capability of a human being to carry all the purchases!
--
Paul C