Old November 11th 06, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Gold card extension/ticket advice

"Keith Raeburn" wrote in message
ups.com...

Earlier this week I travelled from Acton Central (in zone 2) to Watford
North (outside the zones). I held a Travelcard season for zones 2-4. I
therefore purchased a single ticket from "Boundary Zone 4" to Watford
North, and was able to purchase this my origin station. This works out
cheaper than a single for Acton Central-Watford North, and does not
"duplicate ticket validity".

Yes - but you are describing an outward journey. As has been pointed out
already, you cannot buy an 'inbound' ticket from a NR station outside the
zones. Don't know why.

Paul