Old December 28th 06, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Fare rises , legalised extortion?

Seems Kuddly Ken has decided that its now fine to charge someone 4 quid
for a single fare via zone 1. I'm presuming that this is to force
people onto Oyster. Or is it perhaps to stop visitors to the city from
using public transport? Possbily a health drive , get them all walking?

Seriously , I don't understand the logic behind this. Wtf is he trying
to achieve? Its simply going to screw money out of tourists or visiting
businessmen who don't know about Oyster or don't walk to fork out for
one or go to the hassle of getting one just for a short trip. I suspect
quite a few after sampling the pathetic service and sky high prices on
tube might well not bother coming back. Well done Ken.

B2003