Old December 28th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender eastender is offline

Default Fare rises , legalised extortion?

In article . com,
"Boltar" wrote:

I've had an oyster card since they first came out funnily enough. And
well done to you for getting a card though since you're a regular on
this group I suspect you already knew about them. I doubt the same can
be said for 99% of tourists who come here however. Do you read up on
the ticketing of the metro and bus systems in every foreign city you
visit before you go in case you get screwed by some megalomanic mayor
and his patsies by not coughing up a deposit beforehand to buy the
local smartcard?

What nonsense. Many other world cities have travelcard systems - why
wouldn't someone check out London's? And you don't need to 'read up' on
them - you can just go to a ticket office or machine and buy one in most
cities I've been to.

E.