Old January 1st 07, 09:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Morden to Sutton - still possible?

"Mystery Flyer" wrote in message
Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

Beyond the physical explanations offered elsewhere, it's probably worth
pointing out that passenger numbers at these stations are amongst the
lowest in London - 23k annually at Morden South, 48k at St Helier, 86k at
Sutton Common and 99k at West Sutton. Although some of this low usage can
probably be attributed to the low frequency service (2tph per direction),
many other London stations with that level of service achieve much better
patronage.

I grew up in the background of these lines. The Express Dairy School trip
was a highlight. We saw a good train on the Morden South Siding.

I missed out on that treat.

The best we got was a trip to see the Haig homes.

tim