Old January 3rd 07, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Boundary zone n fares scrapped?

[originally posted to uk.transport.london - crossposted to uk.railway]

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

A friend reports:

"Had a 20% fare increase today. I generally have a Zones 1 and 2
period travelcard and travel out to St Albans by buying a cheap day
return from the edge of zone 2. Slightly less than buying it from West
Hampstead, That option has gone now so that my fare went up from £6.20 to
£7.50."

Why such a large increase?

I've heard nothing of any such change to, or abolishment of, fares from
the boundary of London fare zones, so I've crossposted your query to
uk.railway where those familiar with the latest National Fares Manual
might be better able to answer.

Perhaps you're friend has merely encountered a member of staff who's
got confused by the fact that since 2 Jan rail fares for jouneys wholly
within London are now zonally priced. Or perhaps they didn't really
know of what they speak. Stranger things have happened, unfortunately.