Old February 15th 07, 03:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Motspur Park speed restriction

On 14 Feb 2007 04:16:23 -0800, pjcs wrote:

Anyone know what's happening - or not happening - at Motspur Park?
There is a speed restriction of what feels like 1mph in both
directions. On Monday they said it was emergency engineering works,
but there's no obvious sign of anyone engineering anything.

Not an answer to your question, but I always find it irritating when
I'm told that services are disrupted due to "emergency engineering
works". Emergency engineering works are not the cause of the
disruption; they are the solution to that cause. They're effectively
saying, "We're not going to tell you why you're being delayed, because
that might sound negative, which would damage our corporate image.
Instead, we're going to patronise you by trying to put a positive spin
on the disruption; you should be pleased that we're actually fixing
the thing that went wrong (that we're not telling you about)."

That's what I hear, anyway. ;-)