Old March 14th 07, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
www.waspies.net www.waspies.net is offline

Default A stock after closure of ELL

wrote:
Was just thinking about the ELL (yes I truly have no life) and got to
thinking:

When the East London line is closed this December, will the A stock be
used to reinforce any services on the Metropolitan line, or to
implement the change of the terminus from Aldgate to Barking before
the introduction of S stock? Or will they just be stored away and used
as spare sets in case of breakdown?

Edd

The A60s will be dispatched back to HMP Neasden where they will be loved
by MetroMess staff and used as normal Met line stock, as for the change
to Barking that has never been confirmed and there's absolutely no
chance of it happening in the near future, to start off with I would
have to get my tin hat out and for another there are no train ops who
are qualified over that route on the Met.