Old May 7th 07, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Willesden- Clapham Junction

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anybody know the reason that the Willsden Junction- Clapham Junction
train takes so long? I know there is a voltage change between Willesden &
Olympia, but the train crawls on this section & often stops two or three
times. Between Olympia & West Brompton the speed is reasonable but after
that the train crawls to Clapham Junction, the other day a jackdaw
overtook the train & it was walking beside the track.
Also was there a plan to build a station at Chelsea Harbour at one time?

The new station is going to be called Imperial Wharf - it actually made it
onto the maps in 2005, but has since gone again - I believe its all tied in
with ongoing planning permissions for the housing which will allow it to be
paid for by the developer...

Paul