Old May 7th 07, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Willesden- Clapham Junction

On Mon, 7 May 2007, Eric wrote:

Does anybody know the reason that the Willsden Junction- Clapham
Junction train takes so long? I know there is a voltage change between
Willesden & Olympia, but the train crawls on this section & often stops
two or three times. Between Olympia & West Brompton the speed is
reasonable but after that the train crawls to Clapham Junction,

I'm no expert, but it's my understanding this is a signalling thing - what
with everything being very complicated at the CJ end, there's lots of
slack time allowed for fitting in with all the other trains etc.

the other day a jackdaw overtook the train & it was walking beside the
track.

That's because they were recently upgraded under the PPP contract, and as
such are now operating at 15% greater speeds.

tom

--
Gin for the mind, kebabs for the body, sushi for the soul