Old May 23rd 07, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mystery Flyer Mystery Flyer is offline

Default SWT Vs Southern ticket machines..

I guess I'm too naive to expect better but riddle me this:-

I live near Bookham. Which gives me the choice of Bookham (SWT) or
Leatherhead (Southern). It depends what time of day and where I am which
I use.

How come then that the ticket machines are so different..

Bookham to Richmond - Not Via London, £11.10
Leatherhead to Richmond - Not Via London £11.10

Thats great.

Bookham to Farringdon - Not Via Tube - Not available from the SWT
machine, Farringdon not listed (Ticket guy eventually sold me Bookham to
Farringdon via 'any permitted' for 14.70

Leatherhead to Farringdon - Not Via Tube - £12.70 from the ticket machine.

And secondly how come SWT machines wont sell me a ticket for tomorrow
and Southern will. Heck the Southern will even sell me a Return to
Inverness whereas the SWT machines seem to have had a station lobotomy.

Was my Bookham fare right? If so I'll be going from Leatherhead in
future....

Is there a place where can I find out detailed fare calculation
information from station to station?

thanks for any thoughts...

mf