Old May 25th 07, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] patrick1971@gmail.com is offline

Default SWT Vs Southern ticket machines..

On 23 May, 18:11, Mystery Flyer wrote:

And secondly how come SWT machines wont sell me a ticket for tomorrow
and Southern will. Heck the Southern will even sell me a Return to
Inverness whereas the SWT machines seem to have had a station lobotomy.

There's some weird and very annoying policy that if you're travelling
only a short distance, you can't buy a return ticket. I had to go to
Guildford on Monday and return on Tuesday. "No return mate, got to be
two singles". Hence had to queue up twice. Nice way to make a
railway more useable. Don't know what the reason for this policy is.

Patrick