Old June 14th 07, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Quick question re out-of-zone Travelcard on Oyster (ping PaulC?)

Paul Corfield wrote:

I asked the question and got a reply.

Hi Paul - thanks for this.

In short there has been no change to the range of Travelcards and out
county sections sold from LU offices. Therefore a ticket to Hertford
East can be sold from Euston. However, and this was news to me, it would
be sold not on Oyster but on magnetic stock with a photocard which LU
offices have retained solely for this purpose.

Ah well.

Attempts have been made to reach an agreement to retail Oyster for Z16
plus a magnetic extension ticket from the boundary to the NR station
requested but no agreement has so far been reached. Whether this will
eventually become reality I can't say but it would give you what you
would like.

That is actually something I had considered trying to do myself, i.e.
buy a Z1-6 Oyster from one place and a Hertford-FirstStationInZone6
season, but I haven't done more than think of the idea so far (and
wondered whether it would be more expensive anyway). It certainly sounds
like it would be a great compromise if they could get their heads
together to arrange it.

In the light of your train services woes from the "one" station my

Ha! You should have been at Tottenham Hale tonight! Liv St services were
well screwed up again!

contact suggests you buy your season from a NR station at Hertford as
this should be from "Hertford Stations" which gives you both routes to
London. If you buy from a LU station you will be route restricted to
other "East" or "North" stations.

Yes, indeed, and this is what I did do on Monday. Glad I did, give what
you say about Hertford East tickets versus Hertford Stations tickets above.

Sorry that's not the answer you were hoping for.

No worries - making that effort to find out is much apprciated.

It may seem trivial, but it's amazing how used you get to swiping an
Oyster, and when you have to revert back to magnetic tickets, how much
hassle it is to make sure you have both hands free to get it out of its
holder.

Thanks again, Paul.

Dave