Old July 2nd 07, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Londoncityslicker Londoncityslicker is offline

Default SWT (and others) charging double for tickets from machines

On Jun 29, 12:34 am, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article 01c7b99e$e95ff5e0$LocalHost@default, (Michael

R N Dolbear) wrote:
Offramp wrote
On Jun 25, 12:29 am, CJB wrote:
SWT (and others) charging double for tickets from machines

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1975243.ece

From The Times June 23, 2007

I read that as well - I had never even heard of groupsave.

It's mentioned in the April '07 SWT leaflet as is Group Travel (10
or more).

So The Times' idea is that anyone buying 3 or more offpeak tickets
from a machine is suddenly asked "are you going and coming back
together ?" but not if a Family or Network railcard is going to be
used (and various other combinations).

Must try a machine next time I have an hour to spare.

The Shere machines at Cambridge will sell up to four of the same tickets.
Not checked at what rate, though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel- Hide quoted text -

I'd like to buy a ticket to start the next day. Like I used to at a
ticket office or from the guard on the train.

The machines don't allow me to do this either.

My point is that the machines cant be expected to sell all the
different premutations of tickets without over complicating the
procedure.

I think the way forward is to allow people to buy tickets which aren't
available from the machine from guards or at the destination ONLY if a
permit to travel or similar ticket is purchased.

A.