Old July 13th 07, 02:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
asdf asdf is offline

Default North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:44:09 -0700, D7666 wrote:

(modified) stock cascaded from the Victoria line after that line
receives its new trains. The Victoria line stock is similar to the
Bakerloo line fleet, and the two could be merged fairly easily later
on (see below).

I'm not sure this is the current plan.

I can't at the moment find out why I think this but I am under the
impression the Bakerloo changes come in with new Bakerloo line trains
(that have yet to be ordered).

I don't think shifting c.45 year old - as they will be by the time
they are released - Victoria line ATO stock to a non ATO line is
really a runner is it ?

I don't think the ATO thing is an issue - Victoria Line trains are
already capable of being driven manually, and can be equipped with
tripcocks for when they need to travel over other lines (e.g. to reach
the works at Acton). Presumably they would just need to be equipped
with conventional power/brake handles, and have a trailer removed to
reduce them to 7 cars.