Old July 13th 07, 10:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

On Jul 13, 10:57 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Charles Ellson" wrote in message

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:31:08 -0700, MIG
wrote:
Just what I was thinking, but then I thought "Don't say anything ...
any plan to replace 313s and 508s must be encouraged".

Unfortunately, about the only thing that is more uncomfortable than a
313 on the DC line is a tube train.

Ever since I first heard this, I wondered if passengers really want, or
need, tube stock all the way out to Watford Junction, given the competing
County service for 'whole route' travel. What are the loadings like on the
upper reaches of the DC lines anyway - and is it possible TfL's drive for
high frequency tube style services could get a bit carried away?

TfL are pretty much obligated to provide a service to Watford anyway,
so I think the idea is that sending Bakerloo Line trains up is cheaper
than running a whole separate operation.

If the 378s (4 car of courses) are in use for an intervening few years, with
main line size, comfort, speed and acceleration; are tube trains, even fully
refurbished, really going to cut it?

The jump from 3 to 6 trains an hour should be fair compensation.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/