Old July 25th 07, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default GOBLIN upgrade TIF finance announced

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.dft.gov.uk/press/speeches...ingtogospeloak
quote
The Parliamentary under Secretary for Transport (Tom Harris): The
Department for Transport has today announced a contribution of £18.5m
from the Productivity section of the Transport Innovation Fund (TIF)
to enhance the Gospel Oak to Barking line which is an important rail
artery through east and north London. The improvements will deliver a
number of benefits:

Does anybody know what works are covered by the £18.5 million? I would
imagine that the rebuilding Gospel Oak Junction,W10 Gauge clearance,
775metre plus loops etc., and rebuilding embankments at the eastern
end would eat most of this..

Just looking at the NR business plan for the route, once you've got W10
gauge clearance to the east of Gospel Oak, I think it has to be extended to
the west through the Hampstead tunnels, which is seen as a 'major obstacle'.
Details in:

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse%20documents/BusinessPlan2007/PDF/Route%206%20NLL.pdf

Paul