Old July 28th 07, 12:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mudchute Mudchute is offline

Default Route 395 returns?

On 27 Jul, 18:58, "Chris Read" wrote:
Whilst waiting for a train at Mudchute DLR, I looked at the map of local
transport links, dated March 2007.

Bus route 395 (Limehouse - Rotherhithe Tunnel - Surrey Quays etc) was shown.
This route was withdrawn in (from memory) 2005 or early 2006.

Have DLR simply been tardy in updating their map, or is the 395 returning -
perhaps when the ELL closes later this year? The 'closed' bus stops in
Branch Road (Limehouse) do not show any publicity indicating the route is
returning.

Chris

I'm 99% sure the DLR have been tardy with updating their map. They
certainly don't have up to date street maps at stations. From what I
gather there won't be a replacement bus through the Rotherhithe Tunnel
when the ELL closes either.

There are however proposals for a new bus route 135 from the Isle of
Dogs to Old Street station via Canary Wharf, Limehouse, Aldgate and
Liverpool Street. It's planned to start early next year. The 330 bus
will also be extended to Canary Wharf. Other than some frequency
improvements to the D3 I'm not aware of any other bus route changes
planned in the area. Anybody else know any more such as what route the
135 will take on the Isle of Dogs?