Old November 1st 03, 01:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default More Crossrail (South Western) options

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 11:00:16 +0000, Colin McKenzie wrote:
For example, several of my co-workers near Ealing Broadway seem to live
in the Swiss Cottage area. Unless they use a cycle to replace
non-existent interchanges, their fastest route is via zone 1.

Yup, If I go to work avoiding zone 1, it takes 2 hours and 3 bus trips
(spit). Otherwise it's a 50 minute run via oxford circus (one of the
busiest stations)

An outer circle line on the zone 2/3 border would cut down a lot of
congestion