Old November 27th 07, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] dmncf@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Lack of GOBLin connections

On 27 Nov, 14:00, wrote:
Hi,
I'm mildly disappointed in the lack of connections the GOBLin line has
with tube lines (very mildly - it's not one of the things that causes
me to lose sleep, but it is a shame.)
It crosses four tube lines (Cebtral, Victoria, Piccadilly and
Northern), yet only connects with one and that's only because the
Victoria line was built to connect with it.

I think until changes due to Thameslink in 1981 the GOBlin ran into
Kentish Town rather than Gospel Oak, and used to connect with the
Northern line there.
Even further in the past there was a station at Junction Road near to
Tufnell Park Northern line station. The area needed for rebuilding the
platforms there is still available and there is a development site on
the north side. If London Borough of Islington or the London
Development Agency were interested they could get private developers
to contribute to its rebuilding, e.g. including wheelchair ramps on
neighbouring land.

Dominic