Old January 2nd 08, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Bus Passes?

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:41:08 +0000, "Clive."
wrote:

I live in Cumbria, but have been informed that in April, I'll get a
country wide (OAP) bus pass, would this also include the tube in the
London area or no? Thanks.

Just the bus network - not the tubes or trains unlike London residents.
The government are only funding (and then not in a very sensible way)
free access to bus services within England. Note that there are
different schemes for Scotland and Wales and I'm not sure how cross
border concessions are covered.

However the London bus network is very comprehensive so it's still very
easy to get around and can often be quicker than the tube as there are
no long treks down stairs and escalators to platforms and bus stops are
often closer to where people want to go to.

--
Paul C