Old March 13th 08, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default oyster overdraft?

On 11 Mar, 12:58, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 11 Mar, 11:50, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:

Cashflow is a bit tight right now and our oysters usually auto-topup
weekly with £20, the last one failed but I've just been able to clear
it however it's quite possible some future ones will fail until we get
back on track (no pun intended).

What happens when an auto top-up fails? The credit must have already
happened, so do they have a way of withdrawing it?

Can anyone who has their head around PAYG oysters and their systems
let me know how things stand for travelling with less than zero credit
and anything else relevant to our situation?

If you're using PAYG you have to have at least the minimum fare (£1.50
or £1) to be let in. If your journey ends up costing more than the
minimum fare, I think you are allowed out, giving you a negative
balance, which you have to clear before you can use the card again. So
there's no ongoing overdraft.

Does this apply when your journeys are already capped?

If so, it's effectively an additional £1.50 deposit.