Old March 13th 08, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] crispin.proctor@gmail.com is offline

Default LEDs on the front of Picc trains.

Hi Folks,

I've noticed on the front right window (if you are in the cab) there
it a "thing" pointing forward with a lot of clear LEDs in it. It's
located slightly below where the windscreen wiper motor is.

I have asked a couple drivers and they either won't tell me or claim
they don't know.

They are all clear LEDs. Could it be some IR LEDs / sensors?
Collision / proximity detection perhaps?

I was just curious but now that the drivers don't know, it's made it
worse

TIA

Cheers,
C rispin