Old March 24th 08, 02:38 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Conor Conor is offline

Default LEZ, Congestion charge and foreign vehicles

In article , Paul Terry says...
In message
,
somersetchris writes

If a foreign car or lorry comes into London and does not pay, then
drives straight to the port and back overseas. What happens?

TfL send the details to Euro Parking Collection, who have access to the
vehicle databases of many (but not all)) EU countries. If they are not
able to collect the fine, the vehicle is liable to be clamped if it
returns to the Congestion Zone without paying.

AS a sort of related story, I sold the missuses Mondeo to a Pole a
couple of months ago. Said it needed taxing. He said he wasn't going to
bother and had never taxed a car in the UK. Despite living in the
centre of Lincoln, he didn't give a ****. He said the traffic wardens
would fine him £100 for parking in the wrong place but took no notice
of a complete lack of tax disc. He actually found it quite amusing and
expressed surprise at living in a country where they not only charge
you a tax to use the roads but also charge you for a permit to park.

--
Conor

looking good either. - Scott Adams