Old March 24th 08, 07:04 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default LEZ, Congestion charge and foreign vehicles

In message , Conor
writes

AS a sort of related story, I sold the missuses Mondeo to a Pole a
couple of months ago. Said it needed taxing. He said he wasn't going to
bother and had never taxed a car in the UK. Despite living in the
centre of Lincoln, he didn't give a ****. He said the traffic wardens
would fine him £100 for parking in the wrong place but took no notice
of a complete lack of tax disc.

It's very different in the part of London where I live. At least four
untaxed cars have gone off to the crushers from my small road alone in
the last year, preceded by the usual notice and then wheel-clamping.
Wardens check the road every week - and its not for parking
infringements, since there are no parking restrictions.
--
Paul Terry