Old March 29th 08, 07:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default march 2008 tube map poster spotted

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message .uk,
at 13:38:00 on Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Colin Rosenstiel
remarked:
This brings to mind the two different ways of getting to
the Circle Line platforms from Kings Cross concourse - the
"official" route, and the one you take if you know what you're
doing, through the deep-level barriers and along the Khyber Pass.

Does that route still exist?

Yes, and I often use it the reverse way. From St Pancras I go down
to the Circle line platforms via the new western ticket hall
entrance, then across to the top of the deep tube line escalators
via the Khyber Pass. This avoids the passageway under Pancras Rd,
and the KX ticket hall, both of which are very congested.

As I remember it the Khyber Pass led straight to the Eastern end of
the Met/Circle platforms. It doesn't any more, does it?

There are two routes available since the Phase 1 ticket hall rebuild and the
new Western Ticket Hall. There is a route for LU interchange passengers on
the 'paid side' of the tube and Circle barriers. There is a separate but
parallel underpass for pax wishing to get into the ticket halls from South
of the Euston Rd. Which of these is now the Kybher pass?

The previously nicknamed 'Kybher pass' was outside both station's barriers,
and LU interchange passengers were mixed with people using the Euston Rd
underpass to simply cross the road and reach Kings Cross Stn.

Paul S