Old November 21st 03, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
J. Chisholm J. Chisholm is offline

Default Road Sign Font

Terry Harper wrote:

"J. Chisholm" wrote in message

I remember lots of experimental signs in Oxfordshire.

As I recall, the Oxfordshire signs were a private initiative on the part of
the then County Surveyor. They were strictly speaking illegal, but were so
well received that the Warboys Committee was set up to look at road signs.

I've a book by JJ Leeming, who was I believe the County Surveyor, called
"Road Accidents: Prevent or Punish" (c 1960's)

I'll try and dig it out and see if there are any refs

Jim Chisholm