Old May 7th 08, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James James is offline

Default Johnson unveils Tube alcohol ban

On May 7, 12:27 pm, "Paul Scott"
From:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7387113.stm

"That's why from 1 June the drinking of alcohol will be banned from the
tube, tram, bus, and Docklands Light Railway."

Have they forgotten the 'Overground' then?
Will crowds flock to mainline terminals with bars on the concourses?
Is this a real problem?

Paul

Hmm. I can't honestly say that I've seen an awefully large number of
people drinking on public transport, either tube or bus, in the few
years that I've been living in the capital. More public transport
journeys are pretty short, so there's rarely enough time for even the
most light-weighted drinker to become drunk.

Ofcourse I've seen plently of trouble on public transport involving
drunk people, but they were all already drunk before boarding,
something that Boris' new legislation will do nothing to prevent.