Old June 18th 08, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] thagor2008@googlemail.com is offline

Default Whats the minimum Oyster card value to get through a gate?

On Jun 18, 10:37 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
I don't understand this example - especially the no gates bit. Is the
word "don't" missing in one of the sentences?

Yes, should have said "don't touch in/out".

I'm pretty such LU must have thought of this one but I'm wondering if
there are any circumstances you'd end up quids in?

How do you end up quids in when value is deducted on entry to the
system?

Huh?

I buy a card for 3 quid + 1 quid value. Go through the gates to DLR or
NR station with no gates.
Come back the same way and touch out at my station. 8 quid gets
deducted so card goes
negative (gates always seem to let you out no matter how negative it
goes as long as its positive
to start with), would have cost 5 quid even if I had touched in /out ,
I paid 4 quid. 1 pound up.

Bin card, rinse and repeat.

B2003