Old June 22nd 08, 02:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
peter peter is offline

Default Whats the minimum Oyster card value to get through a gate?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:12:48 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Anyone know?

It's the minimum fare at that station - £1 outside Z1 and £1.50 in Z1.

big snip
--
Paul C

So will the gate at the destination let you out, if after deducting the
correct fare, the balance on the card is negative?

The reason I ask is that I infrequently visit London, and on my last journey
I commenced with £3.00 on the card (Z1 to Waterloo) (eurostar was there in
early November)
and now I have £1.50 sitting on card which won't be used for a year or two
(it is a registered card-- dunno how long they will allow it to remain
inactive)

The card previously had a 7 day Travelcard on it, so it has no £3 deposit.

I suspect to avoid giving Tfl a long term interest free loan, :-) I should
try to commence my last journey with only £1.50 on the card.

Cheers

Peter
Sydney