Old July 21st 08, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Reynolds[_2_] Phil Reynolds[_2_] is offline

Default Escaped Circle Line train at Aldgate East

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 00:17:55 +0100, Walter Briscoe wrote:

At about 07.40 on Sunday morning 20/07/08, I saw a westbound train at
Aldgate East. The destination on the front was "CIRCLE LINE". There was
no mention of it on the platform train describer. The PA sounded
something akin to: "This is a Circle Line service via Liverpool Street".

Where might it have been parked?
What wanderings do Circle Line services do?

It is not unusual for a train to be taken from Circle Line service and out
to Aldgate East or even Whitechapel and then sent on its way as if it had
gone through Aldgate - the effect is to turn the train.

The C stocks can serve virtually all of the District Line - not just
Wimbleware - but if you saw a Circle at Aldgate East, it was probably
being turned.

--
Phil Reynolds
DON'T MAIL IN RESPONSE - I am unlikely to read it