Old July 25th 08, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken @ Birchanger Ken @ Birchanger is offline

Default Amusing story

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 07:43:57 +0100, James Farrar
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 02:00:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

The 6-year-old son of my vicar in Fulham is a bit of a transport
whizzkid (he's learnt to read by memorising the entire Underground
map!) and is well on the way to memorsing the entire London bus map.

He was recently asked to write about a family trip at the weekend. His
sentence "we took the Overground from Kew" was wrongly corrected by
his teacher to "Underground"!

Silly teacher!

I hope he argued the point, like I did at about that age when my
teacher asserted that the Sun was a planet

Getting OT, but I heard a poor schoolkid corrected the other day when
he said he was awakened in the mornings by doves. The teacher
confidently asserted that they'd be pigeons. At the time she said this
there was a pair of collared doves immediately outside the window.