Old August 10th 08, 12:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Streetmap curiosity

In article ,
(Peter Smyth) wrote:

"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...
David Biddulph wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...

Today, the highest detail level is giving a patchwork of map tiles,
half from the most recent map and half from the previous one... the
colouring is different, so it is easy to tell which tiles are newer
and which are older, particularly if the boundary between new and
old runs through Euston Station. Every time you hit Refresh (F5)

you
get a different selection, and the two coloured halves of Euston
swap around.

Looks OK to me.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...1&y=182773&z=1

Even if you hit Refresh multiple times? Maybe it's a caching
problem at Demon.

It appears to depend on what browser you use. On IE7 I get a mix of
the old and new tiles but on Firefox 3 I only get the new tiles.

No problem here now with IE6 via Virgin Media.

--
Colin Rosenstiel